Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: About 815s

  1. #1
    Junior Hostboard Member spiros54's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi guys,
    I have a pair of 815 cabinets and I want to Know for which speaker type those cabinets are made?
    Thanks
    Spiros

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    515's & 416's - but they must all be, as I recall, with 15" frames.

  3. #3
    Junior Hostboard Member spiros54's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Todd
    I heard that those cabinets was original fitted with 411s here in Sweden!Is it possible that?
    Can you make them to go deeper in the bass region with same modifications?
    Spiros

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    Jim Dickinson can tell you more, but the 815 had a sealed rear chamber, as I remember, so, yes, the 411 would probably like that.

    Personally, I like the 817 much better - it has venting and horn loading, so you get the best of bot worlds.

  5. #5
    Junior Hostboard Member spiros54's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Todd
    Maybe Jim read this post!
    Iam thinking to enlarge the cabinets and make them somthing like VOTT, with one horn-part and one space f?r bass-reflex!515Gs are preferred!
    Spiros

  6. #6
    Inactive Member thevott's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2003
    Posts
    91
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Anaheim spec sheet calls for the 515B or 421A woofers but I have run all kinds of woofers including 418s and 416s which, by the way, sound fantastic in there. Also, the 16" frame fits fine.

  7. #7
    Junior Hostboard Member spiros54's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks thevott
    It will be 515G?s for me and then some modifications to pump up the bas region!
    I will report you the results!
    Spiros

  8. #8
    Inactive Member scott fitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2003
    Posts
    495
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have and still use a pair of 815,s that were purchased new in 1977 and 16in frames not only fit fine, that is what came with them, 421-8LF 16in frame woofers!


    I also agree with Todd about the 817, which i also have, the venting gives a nice low end sound, while still having horn loading! The 816A is also a fav of mine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.